Buy high-quality wood pellets for sale used to heat boilers and homes. Clean fossil fuel is used with a pellet stove to produce green energy. Less costly and very reliable. In the midst of a cold winter with an inadequate supply of heating gas, wood pellets provide a perfect replacement as a source of heating energy. We supply the best grade of wood pellets for any heating purpose, be it animal beds, bird homes, human homes, or for industrial boilers.
What Are Wood Pellets?
Wood pellets are compressed wood particles that are used as fuel. Pellets are already commonly used in many areas of the world, but they are growing in
popularity as the cost of primary fuels increases and concerns about global climate change builds. This fact sheet is a short introduction to wood pellets and will be helpful to those who are interested in using or producing wood pellet fuel. The advantages of wood pellets and how pellets are made and used are discussed.
Pellet fuels (or pellets) are biofuels made from compressed organic matter or biomass. Wood pellets are the most common type of pellet fuel and are generally made from compacted sawdust and related industrial wastes from the milling of lumber, manufacture of wood products and furniture, and construction. Other industrial waste sources include empty fruit bunches, palm kernel shells, coconut shells, and tree tops and branches discarded during logging operations. So-called “black pellets” are made of biomass, refined to resemble hard coal, and were developed to be used in existing coal-fired power plants. Pellets are categorized by their heating value, moisture and ash content, and dimensions. They can be used as fuels for power generation, commercial or residential heating, and cooking. Pellets are extremely dense and can be produced with a low moisture content (below 10%) which allows them to be burned with a very high combustion efficiency.
Uses Of Wood Pellets
Wood pellets provide a sustainable and reliable source of heat and hot water for your home and now more than ever are a credible alternative to oil. Wood pellet boilers are clean, easy to manage, and offer the same level of control and flexibility as conventional oil and gas boilers. However, no matter how good your boiler is, it can only deliver the maximum amount of heat that the fuel can supply; it is therefore of vital importance to be sure you are using the highest quality fuel possible.
- Ideal for use on wood pellet boilers, with a store where we can blow the pellets in.
- Our delivery fleet has specifically designed vehicles and trained drivers for bulk wood pellets deliveries.
- Ideal solution for any biomass heating system, from residential ones to commercial and even industrial ones.
Our wood pellets are of the highest quality and excellent for boilers and they can be supplied in bags or bulk.
In order to be able to claim your renewable heat incentive (RHI), your wood pellets must come from a supplier registered on the Biomass Suppliers list (BSL). As part of your RHI commitment, you will need to quote their BSL number on your RHI documents.
For industrial boiler fuel
Wooden pellets are extensively used for industrial boilers as a substitute for natural gas and coal, making them eco-friendly. Traditional fuels are costly and cause pollution. Whereas wooden pellets do not contain a large amount of nitrogen or sulfur and are carbon neutral.
For generating thermal and gasification power
Wooden pellets are also used as fuel in thermal and gasification power production. It contains a high heat value and extremely low contaminant emission. Numerous countries have implemented policies to promote biomass power generation.
Alternate uses for wooden pellets for homes
Wooden pellets are incredibly versatile, not just as a heating source for your home when utilized in a biomass boiler but can be used in various other applications at the home.
Patio heaters, fire pits, and pizza ovens
One of the most predominant uses for pellets is using it in your fire pit or patio heater. They work equally well as the case with a biomass boiler, emitting tons of heat and creating little ash to clean in the morning. If you have a pizza oven in your backyard, wooden pellets are an excellent alternative to cook with. They are a perfect energy source to use for cooking due to the manufacturing process and the raw materials that are utilized for making them. The manufacturing process entails bark removal, drying, chipping, and mechanical compressing of sawdust under high pressure and temperature (via steam injection). Essentially utilizing wooden pellets is equal to using wood, minus the chopping part.
Potash for the garden
After using your wooden pellets, the ash can be repurposed from your biomass boiler and reused as a potash for the garden. The residue from your wooden pellets is an excellent potassium and lime source in combination with other trace elements to nourish your soil. But keep in mind that they are alkaline, and you must check the soil’s PH balance to obtain the right balance for the plants you want to grow.
General Advantages And Disadvantages Of Wood Pellets
- Because pellets are made from wood, they have the same advantages as firewood – they are a local, renewable, low-cost fuel. Wood pellets are very low in moisture (water) and ash content, so they burn hot and cleanly.
- Fuel pellets are limited to 1 percent (Premium-grade) to 3 percent (Standard) ash. Regular firewood has more ash due to
the presence of bark. Wood pellets are also small and easy to handle. They are generally available in 40-pound bags, but in some areas, they are available in bulk. There is very little dust and no bark. Many pellet-burning stoves have hoppers with feed screws that automatically feed the pellets into the fire when fuel is needed. Larger furnaces are available that have larger storage silos that also automatically feed fuel into the furnace when needed.
- Both systems require little maintenance because the pellets burn very cleanly. Pellets have a number of “environment-friendly” attributes. Pellets are usually made from wood processing byproducts (e.g. sawdust), so a valuable
product is made from potential waste material.
- More recently, low-quality trees from forest thinning and salvage operations are also being used. Pellets contain much less water and are denser than firewood, so they are more efficient to transport. Wood and wood pellets are “carbon-neutral” in terms of their contribution to global climate change.
- All the carbon dioxide that is released when the wood is burned was captured from the atmosphere when the wood was grown in the tree. This characteristic is an important advantage, especially in some countries in Europe where there are restrictions on carbon emissions. Pellet-burning stoves are more expensive than wood-burning models ($1,600 to $3,000), but require less maintenance, create less mess, and are easier to operate.
- There are generally the same, or fewer, building code requirements for the installation of pellet stoves because of more complete combustion of the fuel. However, local codes should be reviewed before installation. The availability of appliances and fuels may be limited in some areas. Pellet stoves also require electricity to operate and will not work when there is a loss of power.
- Wood is inexpensive compared with most fuel options. Pellets are more expensive than some other forms of wood fuel (sawdust or firewood), but they are usually cheaper than oil, natural gas, or electricity.
|Advantages of wood pellets||…the disadvantages|
|Reduced carbon emissions as compared to using fossil fuels.||Pellet fuel is bulky and needs space to be stored|
|Wood pellets are manufactured and widely available in the UK|
|Wood pellets are much more price-stable than other forms of fuel|
|Wood pellets produce equivalent heat to traditional fossils fuels|
|Wood pellets burn cleanly and are more convenient than logs or wood chips|
|Advantages of wood pellets boilers||…the disadvantages
|Wood fuel is cost-effective||Wood pellet boilers require regular maintenance|
|Wood pellets are small in size||Storing wood pellets requires a large storage space|
|Wood pellets are environmentally friendly||Initial cost and outlay|
|Wood pellets boilers are energy efficient||Traditional wood pellet boilers require regular cleaning.|
|Wood pellets are a renewable source||Wood pellet boilers have ash draws that need to be emptied.|
|Wood pellet boilers can often be integrated with your current wet system|
Advantages of our wood pellets
Pellets are an affordable, energy-efficient, and environmentally safe fuel. Solid pellets are produced by the pressing method. The basic material for pellets production is crushed natural raw material without chemical additives: Wood bark, sawdust, and wood chips.
- Provides smoke-free combustion for up to 5 hours.
- Safe at combustion — do not spark and do not deform.
- The heat emission is almost twice as high as firewood and other fuels.
- Economical — pellet consumption is three times lower than firewood.
- Dried up to 8-12% moisture, the pellets keep a high calorific value for a long time.
100% environmental friendliness
- Does not contain chemical compounds.
- No smell, CO₂ emissions to the atmosphere amount to 0.
- Hypoallergenic due to the absence of plant spores and dust in the raw material.
- The burned raw material can be used as fertilizer.
- Practically does not emit sulfur and leaves minimal soot in a chimney and a boiler.
- For pellets, storage is no specially equipped warehouses required.
- This kind of fuel is absolutely harmless and not explosive.
- Withstand temperature variations.
- Pellets are suitable for use in industries, enterprises, and private buildings.
- Pellets are intended for use in boilers, furnaces, and other heating systems.
Wood Pellets Is Cheap In Cost
- The price of wood pellets is very low when compared to any other source of energy. As a result, customers have the advantage of saving millions when using pellets stoves, ovens, or boilers.
Who are we and how can our Wood Pellets help?
We provide wood pellet fuel to thousands of Domestic, Commercial, and Industrial customers in the UK and Ireland.
Our experienced team offers a complete alternative fuel solution to meet the needs of each individual client. Our team works with clients from the early stages of boiler choice and grant assistance.
- Domestic or Commercial heating and hot water
- World-class fully integrated Heat solutions
If you would like to learn more about our carbon-neutral fuel, talk to a member of our team today and start saving money on your energy bills.
Stusia makes more than 250,000 tonnes of pellets every year. Our biomass wood pellet fuel is sustainably made in dedicated pellet mills. These mills generate their own energy requirements, so we can manufacture using green energy.
Every year the number of pellets we supply to the market …
- Is equivalent to 1 Billion kWh of heat.
- Displaces more than 100 million liters of oil.
- Reduces CO2 emissions by over 300.000 Tonnes.
- Helps our customers save millions on their bills.